What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use your iphone simcard and get free 3g data on ipad 3g.

Yellow109r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone4 card fits without bein cut but the passwords don't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have AT&T for the time being anyway, I have the unl data, it is not capped at 5GB, AT&T states online, in my contracts on all 3 lines, on phone and in person that there is no cap on the unlimited plan as long as it is grandfathered, at least for now, that being said you might get slower speeds after you hit 5GB but seeing as 3G crawls most of the time it isnt a big deal if so lol

I JB my iphone to use pdanet, works great for my Ipad when out and about.

ParishM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried this yesterday for about 30 minutes
and it worked fine once i changed the APN
settings. then about 2 hours later i got a
text AND email from at&t saying they knew
i switched sims and it is not allowed & the
iPad requires it's own data plan. at&t obviously
has a complete list of iPad IMEI numbers
and their system flags when an iPad shows up
on a iPhone plan.

i said that's ridiculous because i already
pay for a data plan and you can only use
one device at a time so it's not like i'm
paying for one device and using two.

i argued for 15 minutes and they said if i
continue to do it they will cancel my
iPhone unlimited data plan.

GREEDY BASTARDS

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just JB phone and use tethering, it is alot easier then messing with changing sims all the time anyway. plus that way can still use phone while on ipad.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GREEDY BASTARDS

So let me get this straight. You are trying to get something (iPad 3G service) for free (and illegally) and AT&T is the "GREEDY BASTARDS" (oh yeah, technically AT&T is a single entity so the correct wording would be GREEDY BASTARD)?

I don't disagree that AT&T is greedy. But they are in business to make as much profit as possible for their shareholders. They are free to run their business as they see fit and you are free to get service where you see fit.

One account, one device. That is their service model. If you don't like it go elsewhere.

How is this any different than trying to pirate software?

I don't understand how talking about doing something ILLEGAL (it breaks the legal contract you agree to so therefore it is illegal) is allowed, unless of course it is because you don't think doing illegal things are illegal as long as they are against big bad AT&T.

If this is allowed then don't complain when people talk about how to steal software, this is no different. You can argue all you want but stealing is stealing and if this is ok then so is pirating software or books.

[Flame guard up Mr. Spock.]

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how is someone stealing anything if they are using the data they are paying $30 a month for anyway? sorry I dont really care about the AT&T fan boys on here who think because someone wants to use their phone's data on ipad is stealing. that is total BS. paying $30 for unl data means you can use as much as you want and if it is still being used no matter what device it is used on, then what the hell is the problem.

ParishM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wasn't trying to steal anything, i pay for an unlimited data plan and should be able to use it in any device i own. it's the same data so what difference does it make other than AT&T being
greedy. they could easily allow using the iP4 sim in your iPad for what they are charging and without the sim the iP4 is useless so
it's not like two devices are being uses at the same time.

and swapping sims is NOT ILLEGAL, AT&T simply doesn't allow it.
i didn't ask for your opinion or approval so go TROLL elsewhere.

as for comparing this to software piracy you obviously have no
idea of what your blabbing about. piracy is using copied or cracked software without paying for it, i am paying for 1 data plan and was only trying to use 1 data plan.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So lets see......

i wasn't trying to steal anything, i pay for an unlimited data plan and should be able to use it in any device i own. it's the same data so what difference does it make other than AT&T being
greedy. they could easily allow using the iP4 sim in your iPad for what they are charging and without the sim the iP4 is useless so
it's not like two devices are being uses at the same time.

and swapping sims is NOT ILLEGAL, AT&T simply doesn't allow it.

You're right, they COULD allow it. They don't.
Swapping sims to try and share data plans is ILLEGAL, it is stealing no matter what you think. AT&T doesn't allow it with their sims. That means you are breaking your contract. Breaking a contract is illegal. You could go to jail for fraud. You probably wouldn't ever go to jail but you could.

i didn't ask for your opinion or approval so go TROLL elsewhere.

I don't care if you asked for my apporoval or not. If you think this is trolling, you haven't been using the internet very long have you.

as for comparing this to software piracy you obviously have no
idea of what your blabbing about. piracy is using copied or cracked software without paying for it, i am paying for 1 data plan and was only trying to use 1 data plan.

You are paying for an account. You are trying to move to an unauthorized device for that account. The way it compares to piracy is that it is stealing. It is no different than trying to use Windows on two computers with the logic of "But I am only turning one computer on at a time." It is still illegal.

If you had actually read my post you wouldn't have missed the point here:

I don't disagree that AT&T is greedy.

That doesn't make it right. If you don't like how greedy a company is, don't patronize them. You obviously think as long as you are screwing a big bad company it is ok. You are probably running a cracked versions of Windows because Micro$oft is greedy.

Most reactions

Latest posts