What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use of magic jack

rbaca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can iPad be used to make Internet calls using magic jack?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--I don't have an answer for you, but others may. Maybe use the Search function to see what you come up with.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
Forum rules - everybody please read!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. Magic Jack requires a USB port. While you can connect USB devices to the iPad using the Camera Connection Kit, only a few standard devices are supported. Magic Jack is not.

However; there are a number of apps for the iPad that can be used to make phone and video calls to others. Some are free, some cost a bit. Apps that work with Google Voice are probably worth looking into. Whistle Phone also looks interesting. I've heard good things about both.

I haven't used/tried any of these, since I barely make a dent in my iPhone's plan.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No. Magic Jack requires a USB port. While you can connect USB devices to the iPad using the Camera Connection Kit, only a few standard devices are supported. Magic Jack is not.

However; there are a number of apps for the iPad that can be used to make phone and video calls to others. Some are free, some cost a bit. Apps that work with Google Voice are probably worth looking into. Whistle Phone also looks interesting. I've heard good things about both.

I haven't used/tried any of these, since I barely make a dent in my iPhone's plan.

I came across this thread last month and had a look at Magic Jack, only for US residents which is a shame but there is an app for Magic Jack now. Thought you might be interested Twerppoet as well as the OP

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/1305-ipad-magic-jack-2.html

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I did search for Magic Jack in the App Store before posting, but could not find anything. Turns out it is one word.

Thanks for catching that for me, Leelai.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Thanks. I did search for Magic Jack in the App Store before posting, but could not find anything. Turns out it is one word.

Thanks for catching that for me, Leelai.

Don't you just hate it when that happens! :)
I've done that many times, some have to be just so!

Most reactions

Latest posts