What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use of iPad for elderly to use internet

lmwellenstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A woman in independent living facility bought a Logitech Revue/GoogleTV system at BestBuy. $99 to set-up, $29 to set up GoogleTV, connect to Sony HDTV via Warner Cable box and add upgrade to 7MB RR service. $99 for 6 months of Geek Squad. She has been frustrated in trying to use it since mid-January. It's very unintuitive and clutters the screen with cryptic icons and spam. Half-naked women result from many actions. Very slow and cumbersome keyboard. Desktop overflows the screen.
She has no computer and wishes things were simple. I am wondering if an iPad can be used here (I could set it up using my Mac). Can it be interfaced with cable box to access internet, eMail and Music. If so, would it require Airport Express and/or Apple TV? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts