Use of iPad for elderly to use internet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by lmwellenstein, Apr 21, 2011.

1. lmwellenstein

lmwellenstein iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A woman in independent living facility bought a Logitech Revue/GoogleTV system at BestBuy. $99 to set-up, $29 to set up GoogleTV, connect to Sony HDTV via Warner Cable box and add upgrade to 7MB RR service. $99 for 6 months of Geek Squad. She has been frustrated in trying to use it since mid-January. It's very unintuitive and clutters the screen with cryptic icons and spam. Half-naked women result from many actions. Very slow and cumbersome keyboard. Desktop overflows the screen.
    She has no computer and wishes things were simple. I am wondering if an iPad can be used here (I could set it up using my Mac). Can it be interfaced with cable box to access internet, eMail and Music. If so, would it require Airport Express and/or Apple TV? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. The Alternative

The Alternative iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome! The simple answer is... there's an app for that! The more complex answer, I'm afraid, will need to come from the more expert videophiles in the forum. Be patient. Someone will be along shortly to answer your questions.