What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

use of camera in apps on iPad2?

patrick99e99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just am wondering what is possible w/ the iPad2. Is it possible with an objective-C app to:

1) Take a photo with the camera and send it somewhere via HTTP post?
2) Record video with the camera and send it somewhere via HTTP post?
3) Stream live video from the camera to another iPad2 user (in otherwords, make my own video chat app)?

thanks.

-patrick

OP
P

patrick99e99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any documentation / tutorials out there that would help me with the process of building my own video chat app?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any documentation / tutorials out there that would help me with the process of building my own video chat app?

Have you done any app development before?

If not, there's a great free resource...

If you go to iTunes, then 'iTunesU', then 'Universities and Colleges', then select Stanford University and scroll right through their courses you'll see there's a two-part lecture series - each part is 25 lectures - that shows you how to develop iPad apps - yes, 50 hours of lectures from one of the best universities in the world and it's all completely free.

Tim
Scotland

OP
P

patrick99e99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah I have done some development on the iPhone.. I just have not done anything with chats or streaming video before, so I was hoping for a point in the right direction with regard to that...

-patrick

Most reactions

Latest posts