What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB tethering from iphone to Ipad?

dvboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant seem to find any info on this,which leads me to believe it cant be done but I will throw it out there anyway.Can I use a data cable from my iphone 4 to my new ipad via the usb adapter and tether them together?Both units are jailbroken,I am aware it can easily be done using wifi,but I would assume usb would provide slightly better speed and much better battery life.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think you will achieve faster speeds, I dont think you will save battery life and I dont even think it is possible, but I could be 3 times wrong.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tethering is done using the Hotspot with in the iPhone, this then uses Bluetooth connection.
So the usb question is not possible , it will use more battery power as the Bluetooth and wireless/3G are on (iPhone)

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can help you with other methods of connection.

For file transfers, you can use AirBlue Sharing, it cost not so much in Cydia but once installed on both devices it is capable of doing file transfers through bluetooth with speeds up to 1.3Mpbs (under my watch). iOS 5.1.1 compatible.

For physical transfers, you can try External Hard Drives portable/desk, iFlashdrive from HyperShop (google it).

For internet, you can use MyWi OnDemand and it'll make your devices compatible with each other. Using ones' connection as server and the other one as client to receive connection thru bluetooth.

For any other physical connections through external sources, visit the guide listed here in the forum http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/71951-using-external-storage-devices-ipad.html

Last edited:

Most reactions