1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

USB tethering from iphone to Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by dvboy, Jul 19, 2012.

1. dvboy

dvboy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I cant seem to find any info on this,which leads me to believe it cant be done but I will throw it out there anyway.Can I use a data cable from my iphone 4 to my new ipad via the usb adapter and tether them together?Both units are jailbroken,I am aware it can easily be done using wifi,but I would assume usb would provide slightly better speed and much better battery life.
  2. Gzoladz

Gzoladz iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I dont think you will achieve faster speeds, I dont think you will save battery life and I dont even think it is possible, but I could be 3 times wrong.
  3. Bosvaark

Bosvaark iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Tethering is done using the Hotspot with in the iPhone, this then uses Bluetooth connection.
    So the usb question is not possible , it will use more battery power as the Bluetooth and wireless/3G are on (iPhone)
  4. yof

yof iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I can help you with other methods of connection.

For file transfers, you can use AirBlue Sharing, it cost not so much in Cydia but once installed on both devices it is capable of doing file transfers through bluetooth with speeds up to 1.3Mpbs (under my watch). iOS 5.1.1 compatible.

For physical transfers, you can try External Hard Drives portable/desk, iFlashdrive from HyperShop (google it).

For internet, you can use MyWi OnDemand and it'll make your devices compatible with each other. Using ones' connection as server and the other one as client to receive connection thru bluetooth.

For any other physical connections through external sources, visit the guide listed here in the forum http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/71951-using-external-storage-devices-ipad.html
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012