1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Usb stub for recharge

Discussion in 'iPAD Connect' started by tony61, Sep 8, 2012.

1. tony61

tony61 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, has anybody ever tried to use a usb stub to recharge ipad, to have a longer more comfortable cable running from the ipad to the wall ? I did. I suspect that the ipad charged only partially for this reason, but I am not fully sure. i'd like to retry to check but I worry I could damage it. Thanks for Your opinion.
  2. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Do you mean USB hub? You hub may not put out enough power to charge the iPad, just as plugging into a PC does not. Use only the provided wall charger.
  3. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    You might want to use a surge protected extension cord long enough to put your iPad whilst charging rather trying to figure out alternative solutions.
  4. tony61

tony61 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry, I just meant a usb extension, about 2 meters long. Is it possible that it's because of this extension that the ipad charged only 70% ? Might I end up damaging the ipad if I retry ?
  5. goofy8275

goofy8275 iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163 / 0
    This is MOST LIKELY the issue. Try using an AC extension cord instead of USB if you need a longer charger length. ;)