What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usb stub for recharge

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, has anybody ever tried to use a usb stub to recharge ipad, to have a longer more comfortable cable running from the ipad to the wall ? I did. I suspect that the ipad charged only partially for this reason, but I am not fully sure. i'd like to retry to check but I worry I could damage it. Thanks for Your opinion.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you mean USB hub? You hub may not put out enough power to charge the iPad, just as plugging into a PC does not. Use only the provided wall charger.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might want to use a surge protected extension cord long enough to put your iPad whilst charging rather trying to figure out alternative solutions.

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Do you mean USB hub? You hub may not put out enough power to charge the iPad, just as plugging into a PC does not. Use only the provided wall charger.

Sorry, I just meant a usb extension, about 2 meters long. Is it possible that it's because of this extension that the ipad charged only 70% ? Might I end up damaging the ipad if I retry ?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I just meant a usb extension, about 2 meters long. Is it possible that it's because of this extension that the ipad charged only 70% ? Might I end up damaging the ipad if I retry ?
This is MOST LIKELY the issue. Try using an AC extension cord instead of USB if you need a longer charger length. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts