1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

USB Hard ware not supported Message

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Bibifrine, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Bibifrine

Bibifrine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am using a USB Keyboard and it works fine so far. The only think which is killing my nerves is, that from time to time a Message pops up on the Ipad, which tells me: USB Hardware not supported. I just have to klick OK and can continue to work.
    Can I block this message somewere?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Interesting! Not sure how to block this but you're lucky to get the keyboard to work! The iPad USB interface supplies only 10 mA and that's insufficient to drive most keyboards.

Tim
  3. RAC

RAC iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Have considered a Bluetooth keyboard?

This is pretty much the "official" way to add an external keyboard to the iPad. A bonus is that there is no cable with the attendant risk of snagging it and sending the iPad flying accross the room:mad:.

They do cost quite a bit more than a USB keyboard of course.

I use the ZaggMate which also acts as an iPad stand and hard cover.
  4. Bibifrine

Bibifrine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a BT Keyboard. It is a rubber keyboard integrated into a Case, but I am not happy with it. keys are to weak and I getting a lot of double letters where I do not want it.
    Do you have experience with the Zagg mate?

I tested already several USB Keyboards and all of them worked except the Message which pops up every couple of minutes .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
  5. RAC

RAC iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    What you describe sound a lot like the ZaggMate:), although I assume that you mean a folio type of arrangement.

The the ZaggMate has a rubbery keyboard which I find quite usable. What I like is that the case is rigid so that you can use it on your lap. I only use it which I have serious typing to do though.