What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Hard ware not supported Message

Bibifrine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a USB Keyboard and it works fine so far. The only think which is killing my nerves is, that from time to time a Message pops up on the Ipad, which tells me: USB Hardware not supported. I just have to klick OK and can continue to work.
Can I block this message somewere?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting! Not sure how to block this but you're lucky to get the keyboard to work! The iPad USB interface supplies only 10 mA and that's insufficient to drive most keyboards.

Tim

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have considered a Bluetooth keyboard?

This is pretty much the "official" way to add an external keyboard to the iPad. A bonus is that there is no cable with the attendant risk of snagging it and sending the iPad flying accross the room:mad:.

They do cost quite a bit more than a USB keyboard of course.

I use the ZaggMate which also acts as an iPad stand and hard cover.

OP
B

Bibifrine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a BT Keyboard. It is a rubber keyboard integrated into a Case, but I am not happy with it. keys are to weak and I getting a lot of double letters where I do not want it.
Do you have experience with the Zagg mate?

I tested already several USB Keyboards and all of them worked except the Message which pops up every couple of minutes .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a BT Keyboard. It is a rubber keyboard integrated into a Case, but I am not happy with it. keys are to weak and I getting a lot of double letters where I do not want it.
Do you have experience with the Zagg mate?

What you describe sound a lot like the ZaggMate:), although I assume that you mean a folio type of arrangement.

The the ZaggMate has a rubbery keyboard which I find quite usable. What I like is that the case is rigid so that you can use it on your lap. I only use it which I have serious typing to do though.

Most reactions

Latest posts