What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Ethernet?

ckole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone try using a USB Ethernet adapter with the iPad Camera Connection Kit?

Many hotels have free internet via ethernet and not wifi so it would be nice to use something like this. I don't want to lug around a little router just to give access to my iPad.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Won't work because you would need drivers on the iPad and there's no way to get them installed.

An Apple Airport Express might be your best solution.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can recommend that solution. Once or twice I've been in situations where cable was not an option.

OP
C

ckole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. At $99 just not worth it at the moment. Might as well keep dragging my latop around. Nice device though.

T

TJK

You might take a look at Cradlepoint. They make some portable routers that are also 3G /4g compatible - pretty handy to have in your bag and some are battery powered.

Jett Deion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the external storage devices are not designed to work as stand alone equipment. You need to plug in your external storage to a computer in order for it to be able to function.

Most reactions

Latest posts