What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Cord To iPad

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you, Dave. I need the A cord as someone here told me that the C cord was not for the iPad. USB-male is the cord and I wonā€™t forget ā€œmaleā€ despite my amnesia!

I would like an adapter so that the cord connector doesnā€™t break . Do you have a source for this adapter?

Iā€™ll look on Amazon tonight for the cord but may buy it from Apple. Iā€™m trading in my iPad for a gift card and the cover is just $69. That leaves about $65 after taxes for the adapter and two cords. Extra cords canā€™t hurt!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Amazon and look up 6ft Lighting Cable. Youā€™ll want the USB-A (not USB-C) version. There are pictures for most, and the USB-A side is what you are used to seeing on most computers and Thumb Drives. For extra sturdiness get one with a braided cord. Anker is a trusted brand, as should be any other that is Apple MFi certified.

If you, or a friend, can go to Staples, Walmart, or most any other store with an electronics department they should be able to pick one up, making it easier to return if you itā€™s not quite what you wanted. These are very common cables.

Hereā€™s an example:

61312311-0516-4F82-B9C0-86C7CBF1C45B.jpeg

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quick search at Apple shows one cord only:
mophie USB-A Cable with Lightning Connector (2 m)

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to Amazon and look up 6ft Lighting Cable. Youā€™ll want the USB-A (not USB-C) version. There are pictures for most, and the USB-A side is what you are used to seeing on most computers and Thumb Drives. For extra sturdiness get one with a braided cord. Anker is a trusted brand, as should be any other that is Apple MFi certified.

If you, or a friend, can go to Staples, Walmart, or most any other store with an electronics department they should be able to pick one up, making it easier to return if you itā€™s not quite what you wanted. These are very common cables.

Thanks. Iā€™m quarantined until July or August so online shopping is best. Iā€™m about to go to Amazon and see what they have n

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found a few on Amazon but Iā€™m not sure if they are the right ones.

Imbued 6 Foot USB Lightning to USB-A Cable - Apple MFi Certified, Pink
  • MFi CERTIFIED COMPATIBILITY - A small overmold fits in most smartphone cases. MFi Certification ensures you enjoy reliable syncing or charging of your iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5s, 5c, 5, iPad Pro, Air, Pair 2, mini, mini 2, mini4, or iPod.
Not for iPad???

Imbued 6 Foot USB Lightning to USB-A Cable - Apple MFi Certified, 2 Pack, Pink & Blue

Same issue

Boost+ Right Angle Chargers Nylon Braided Lightning to USB A Cable 90-Degree Angled 72" - 6 Feet (2-Pack)

Description says C connection?? Plus they are angled and that might be an issue.

Thank yo

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could not find Anker cords. Autocorrect was searching for ANKLER!

iPhone Charger, Anker Powerline 6ft Lightning Cable, MFi Certified USB Charge/Sync Cord for iPhone 11 / XS/XS Max/XR/X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus / 6/6 Plus / 5s / iPad, and More

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Either of those should work fine, but the second one is the better bet. The right angle connector might come in handy for some situations, or get in the way of others.

Thank you. The description above doesnā€™t include iPad so Iā€™m guessing that you looked at the picture on Amazon and itā€™s correct.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had bought a six foot cord that was for the iPad 2. But I ordered the iPad I found out. Apple is letting me return the cord but I need a long cord.

Are the Asian cables sold on Amazon reliable or should I just bite the bullet and keep the thirty dollar cord?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. The description above doesnā€™t include iPad so Iā€™m guessing that you looked at the picture on Amazon and itā€™s correct.

Well, just to be courteous so we don't need to spend a lot of time searching Amazon for exactly the cables you described, posting pics and/or links would be appreciated, just a suggestion to be more helpful. But I did look on Amazon which has dozens of compatible cables using the term 'imbued' and came up w/ some hits - one is shown below. I've posted a number of pics in several of your threads on the proper charging cable for your new iPad, i.e. the 8-pin lightning connector, which will fit any iDevice (e.g. iPhone, iPad, etc.) that has a 'lightning port' and a USB-A connector for the charger pack. The cable below will work fine for your purpose or any similar one w/ MFi certification. Good luck - Dave

iPadCable2.png

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. I canā€™t take pictures because you need both hands on the iPad My disability makes my hands and arms and fingers shake. Thirteen years ago I built computers and knew so much about electronics.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not really. Itā€™s just that the iPhone and iPad cables are the same. What works on one, works on the other. With the exception of the iPad Pro models, of course. Besides, the fist description does mention iPads, it just jammed them all together ā€œiPad Pro, Air, Pair 2, mini, mini 2, mini4ā€œ.

It says Pro, but I figure itā€™s only talking about the first generation iPad Pro, which did use the Lightning cable. The description is probably old, predating the newer iPad models. Also ā€œPair 2ā€ is probably a typo for Air 2.

The typo and apparently out of date description are the main reasons I give the edge to the Anker cable. That, and I donā€™t see a manufacturer I can look up to be sure they are reputable. Amazon has sporadic problems with counterfeit products, so Iā€™m wary of to-good-to-be-true prices combined with unknown manufactures. The products usually work, but are shoddy and not always safe.

Anyway, it looks like youā€™ve got this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. I canā€™t take pictures because you need both hands on the iPad My disability makes my hands and arms and fingers shake. Thirteen years ago I built computers and knew so much about electronics.

Take a peek at this Apple support page. The Touch section under Physical might have something that will help.
Get started with accessibility features on iPad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Pinkipad2
Iā€˜ve moved the question in the other thread you started to this thread, as it is related to the topic.
To get accurate results, keep the conversation in one thread only.

Most reactions

Latest posts