What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Charging

rbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought an iPad 2 to discover that it will not charge from my computer. It will sync ok with iTunes, and is recognised, but will not charge. Anyone else had this problem?

BurntOrangeOnly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I believe that's very common. I have the same symptoms. Supposedly, the device is actually charging but at a small trickle rate. I don't know that for a fact but have read it here previously.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is correct. USB2.0 does not supply enough power to charge the iPad 2. It will maintain the battery and charge it very slowly.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin is correct however majority of the Macintosh computers fully support the higher output required and charge fine. I also believe some of the newer pc's also work. Personally I never charge any IPad. on the computer instead use the wall connection direct and use wifi (if you have it) to sync the iPad

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's right, and I should have said that USB3.0 will charge the iPad.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to charge your ipad via USB on a Computer you can install a Software fom Asus, Ai Charger.

Just download the software and install it,maybe you have to reboot the computer but whan you connect the iPad you will se that it will charge now.

Here is the link to the software,it works on any Windows Pc or Notebook: ASUS Ai Charger - Quick charge your iPod, iPhone and even iPad!

Most reactions

Latest posts