What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB Camera connector for ipod

Jipsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to use an apple ipod USB camera connector kit and I get a message telling me that the accessory is not supported on the iPad - is there a way to trick the iPad or do I have to spend more money? Any help appreciated...

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried using it anyway after clicking on the message to make it go away? If it still doesn't work, then it doesn't work; but if it does, then all you need to do is ignore the message.

The reason being, I use the iPad CCK to plug a USB keyboard into my device. The warning message pops up, but after I click it away, I find that I can use the keyboard perfectly fine, including function and arrow keys. It doesn't work for every keyboard I have, but as long as it works for at least one that's good enough for me.

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the apple approved camera kit for my iPad works vey well,plug it in and it comes up the all the pics on the camera and just click each one you want. See amazon iPad camera connection kit £22

zigzag801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a Canon DSLR and has tried using this? I have a Canon 40D and shoot in RAW. I was wondering if I use the USB connection if I could see my pictures on my iPad? Would help for looking over my pictures before I get home and work on them on my Macbook Pro

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think what the OP is trying to do is use a web camera on an iPad. I don't think people have had any luck with this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

fairythere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Nikon D90 and my photos shot in raw do show up on the iPad. Not sure about your Canon camera though.

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Cannon XSi, shoot in RAW and import with the iPad camera connection kit and it works quite well.

If I was knitpicking (SP?), I would say the only downsides are you can only see thumbnails of pictures you want to import from the camera or the SD card, so if you take more than one of the same photo and would like to choose, or see details of a photo before importing it isn't possible. Tought to see detail in a one inch by one inch thumbnail!

Only other thing is that I don't know of a way to create folders/organize.

Pictures only import into two folders - "Last Import" and "All Imported".

But overall it works great.

Last edited:

zigzag801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is good to know. My girlfriend has a point and shoot+a flip video camera so I'll probably end up buying the kit anyways. Finally got my iPad 2 yesterday and love it!! so using my camera with it would be awesome! Maybe someone will come out with an app that will be more tuned with DSLRSs

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI I tried to get sneaky and plug in my flip video, and it didn't work, however there is a Flipshare app, and it's easy enough to set up a password protected Flip channel.

Most reactions