What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usage

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Although I charge my battery to full (from 10%) at least once or twice a month, I have just noticed that when I go into Settings/General/Time since last full charge, Usage and Standby are greyed out. Any ideas why that is please?
Mike
Oh, and by the way, I cannot get the smileys to show, they just show as little outlined squares or in text.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Although I charge my battery to full (from 10%) at least once or twice a month, I have just noticed that when I go into Settings/General/Time since last full charge, Usage and Standby are greyed out. Any ideas why that is please?
Mike
Oh, and by the way, I cannot get the smileys to show, they just show as little outlined squares or in text.

The problem with the smileys is not just you, it's forum wide. For some reason they no longer show in the website view of the forum but do show in the app view.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem with the smileys is not just you, it's forum wide. For some reason they no longer show in the website view of the forum but do show in the app view.
Phew!!!
It isn't me, I am not alone, praise be!
Thank you so much for the prompt and welcome response.
Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What do you mean by grayed out?

Usually grayed out means the text is gray, to indicate it can not be changed. Since the Time Since Last Charge is generated automatically you can not change it. The time text is always gray.

If it's something else, a screen shot might be helpful.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Barcamad, do you mean that instead of seeing numbers there, there are only dotted lines, perchance? That happened to me either the first or second time I charged my Air, but since then, it's displayed the numbers correctly.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys, thank you very much for your input. In answer to your question Elux72, yes, there were dotted lines or at least a line. I have found out what happened however. For the last few months I haven't used Battery Doctor and when I wanted to fully charge, I ran the battery down to 10% or less then left it to charge to 100%. Fine so far but what I didn't do was allow a trickle charge. In other words, although showing 100% charged the iPad had not fully completed the cycle. For example, I used Battery Doctor for the first time in ages and charged overnight. Got up this morning and saw 100% showing so was about to disconnect when I decided to actually open Battery Doctor app. Lo and behold it told me that it was trickle charging and 15 minutes remained. Left it to complete and now shows a full cycle charge! Job done, matter resolved, operator error! I really must have more faith but I absolutely loathe Technology, the necessary evil.
Thanks again,
Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts