What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usage logger

Fil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm starting a project using iPads an I need to log what apps were used, when and for how long.
Does anyone know if there is an app which will record this information, or any other way I can access this data at the end of each day/week?

Many thanks for any help

Fil

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the Help section where I think it will receive better attention. However, I don't believe there is an app that can do this because in the iPad's operating system, iOS, apps cannot interact with each other and this would be required for one app to be able to monitor another app's usage.

Tim

Masden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came across this thread because I share my iPad with my daughter and was searching for a way to check on how she has used the iPad over a period of time. There are many usages of the iPad that I will approve for her (reading, etc.) but others that I would like to limit. She will borrow the iPad to do something I approve of but later I have no way of knowing how much of her time was spent "on task" and how much was spent watching YouTube videos, for example. Tim's explanation was quite enlightening. I guess this is a function or option that must be built into iOS itself. I like the iPad but, as it is a rather pricy item, I would like the designers of iOS to do more to make it easy to share (allowing multiple users, allowing parents to monitor usage, etc.).

Most reactions

Latest posts