What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usage availability

juliaaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad that has 28.6 gb memory and it shows I only have 2.2 gb available . . Problem is when I pull up my usage chart and add it all up, it only adds up to a liitle over 6 gb used (2.2 gb and 4250 mb). Any thoughts as to what is wrong? Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad that has 28.6 gb memory and it shows I only have 2.2 gb available . . Problem is when I pull up my usage chart and add it all up, it only adds up to a liitle over 6 gb used (2.2 gb and 4250 mb). Any thoughts as to what is wrong? Thanks

Hi there and welcome!

You were looking at the list in Settings - General - Usage - Storage, I suppose.
Did you also tap "Show all Apps" there, to add the storage of all your apps?

image-2687370461.jpg

It must have been quite a lot of work, adding the numbers of every single app on your iPad.

There seems to be a striking difference between memory - available - used on your iPad.

Perhaps one of these suggestions will solve your problem:

Reboot your iPad: press Home and Power button, until the Apple logo appears.
Restart your iPad: simply turn it off, then on again.

Last edited:
OP
J

juliaaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't use my ipad a lot so I only have about 20 apps. And it did press the show all apps button. I will try rebooting and thanks very much for trying to help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really don't use my ipad a lot so I only have about 20 apps. And it did press the show all apps button. I will try rebooting and thanks very much for trying to help

I hope it will help.
If it doesn't work, don't hesitate to come back and ask for help again.

OP
J

juliaaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, rebooting didn't work. My friend, who is a tech person and very skilled with iPads, has no explanation either.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, rebooting didn't work. My friend, who is a tech person and very skilled with iPads, has no explanation either.

This seems to happen very rarely.
What I found you could try also was syncing with iTunes on your computer.
Or as a last solution: backup your iPad and restore it. I can't promise that it will help. Sorry!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

The advice by J.A. above seems to have canvassed the solutions. It may well be necessary to restore your iPad to factory settings.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts