What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Ipad in UK

parcas1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eatmyshorts said:
Hello, i have brought an ipad (Wifi) in the US and i aim to use it in the uk. Will it work via an adaptor plug. Also will it function normally if i use it in the UK such as when downloading apps.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

You do not need anything more than a simple plug adaptor, cost c3$. if you look at the iPad box and power supply they automatically adjust to our UK voltage, Apple builds them that way. You maybe can get these pin adaptors at the airport or a hardware shop over here (I am in UK). The Apple kit would be good if you were constantly travelling the world and it is well made but it is very expensive. Forget the stuff about things getting fried, some US friends who lived over here used adaptors with the US things they wanted to use over here and all of it just worked. Save your money for real beer.

OP
eatmyshorts

eatmyshorts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You do not need anything more than a simple plug adaptor, cost c3$. if you look at the iPad box and power supply they automatically adjust to our UK voltage, Apple builds them that way. You maybe can get these pin adaptors at the airport or a hardware shop over here (I am in UK). The Apple kit would be good if you were constantly travelling the world and it is well made but it is very expensive. Forget the stuff about things getting fried, some US friends who lived over here used adaptors with the US things they wanted to use over here and all of it just worked. Save your money for real beer.

Alright kool. I've got a US plug, so would using that with a US to UK plug adaptor be safe?

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have a look at the voltage range printed on the chargerer. Mine is so badly worn I can't read it, but if, as Parcas says, the voltage shows as 100~250 you are safe with just a pin adapter.

Most reactions

Latest posts