1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

US apps on UK account

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Harters, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Harters

Harters iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have recently come back from the US and I got hooked on HGTV (sad I know) and I know they have a free app. I found a download link for it, but I am not able to download it due to me having a UK iTunes account I guess.

I know you can 'gift' an app, but would this be possible for a free app across countries if someone was willing? I am currently using a VPN service, so I have that side of the problem sorted.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
  2. scotland66

scotland66 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok if you've got a VPN service your half way there! All you need to do now is open a new iTunes us account. You can do this by logging out of your regular iTunes account, change the country flag at the bottom to USA, and open a new account with a new email and bogus USA address. Hope this helps, good luck! I had exactly the same situation as a Brit living in Austria and wanting uk tv with uk apps.
  3. Harters

Harters iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for the tips.

I went through the sign up process, but I'm not comfortable giving bogus address details. I may have to watch their channel via their website via my iMac instead.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF