What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US apps on UK account

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have recently come back from the US and I got hooked on HGTV (sad I know) and I know they have a free app. I found a download link for it, but I am not able to download it due to me having a UK iTunes account I guess.

I know you can 'gift' an app, but would this be possible for a free app across countries if someone was willing? I am currently using a VPN service, so I have that side of the problem sorted.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
I have recently come back from the US and I got hooked on HGTV (sad I know) and I know they have a free app. I found a download link for it, but I am not able to download it due to me having a UK iTunes account I guess.

I know you can 'gift' an app, but would this be possible for a free app across countries if someone was willing? I am currently using a VPN service, so I have that side of the problem sorted.

Ok if you've got a VPN service your half way there! All you need to do now is open a new iTunes us account. You can do this by logging out of your regular iTunes account, change the country flag at the bottom to USA, and open a new account with a new email and bogus USA address. Hope this helps, good luck! I had exactly the same situation as a Brit living in Austria and wanting uk tv with uk apps.

OP
Harters

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scotland66 said:
Ok if you've got a VPN service your half way there! All you need to do now is open a new iTunes us account. You can do this by logging out of your regular iTunes account, change the country flag at the bottom to USA, and open a new account with a new email and bogus USA address. Hope this helps, good luck! I had exactly the same situation as a Brit living in Austria and wanting uk tv with uk apps.

Thanks for the tips.

I went through the sign up process, but I'm not comfortable giving bogus address details. I may have to watch their channel via their website via my iMac instead.

Most reactions

Latest posts