What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Air Force Orders $9 Million-Worth of iPad 2s

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
about as much ipads as woochuk could chuck if he wanted to chuck ipads

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
IMO paperback ups should never be replaced by digital copies. Electronics break, people forget to charge things. When the crap hits the fan and suddenly your iPad doesnt work you will want those paper manuals, they never break or die.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Twism86 said:
IMO paperback ups should never be replaced by digital copies. Electronics break, people forget to charge things. When the crap hits the fan and suddenly your iPad doesnt work you will want those paper manuals, they never break or die.

Knowing the military and its penchant for multiple redundancies, it wouldn't surprise me to see they keep a paper copy handy somewhere in addition.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Put yourself in that 12,000 ft. Position. Wouldn't you have a backup when it's that easy to bring up with you? The fact that they put that much confidence in what some people refer to as a " toy " is astonishing. Pilots are the definition of perfectionists.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slimseven said:
Put yourself in that 12,000 ft. Position. Wouldn't you have a backup when it's that easy to bring up with you? The fact that they put that much confidence in what some people refer to as a " toy " is astonishing. Pilots are the definition of perfectionists. Also I hear there are two ipad2's on the international space station. What capacity they are used is anyone's guess. Could be fun ,could be operations related. Probably both.

Most reactions

Latest posts