What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

URGENT!! sending I-PAD from U.S to APO address in Korea

yangpank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a help!
I am stationed in Korea right now and trying to receive I-Pad from my family back in U.S.

I heard there is an import restriction in Korea specified for I-Pad. heard I have to pay 10% tax.

would if affect me as well? receiving I-Pad via APO in Korea?

thank you guys-

lazy_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most likely you will pay duty and tax (VAT), unless sent as a personal gift. Depends on luck really.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I need a help!
I am stationed in Korea right now and trying to receive I-Pad from my family back in U.S.

I heard there is an import restriction in Korea specified for I-Pad. heard I have to pay 10% tax.

would if affect me as well? receiving I-Pad via APO in Korea?

thank you guys-
I've been assigned both in Europe and Korea and have had my family ship me stuff all the time.

Based on my experience, no, you should not have to pay any extra fees for your family to ship you an iPad to your FPO address in Korea. Just have them fill out the customs form as "gift" and - make sure they insure it!

Besides, Korea has lifted their restriction(s) on letting the iPad into the country...

Marilyn

P.S. Thanks for your service and enjoy the iPad!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I worked at a military post office for a couple years, and I can say this with confidence.....

Absolutely not!

It's part of your benefits as a US service member stationed overseas. You don't have to worry about paying taxes on anything that is sent to your APO box.

Most reactions

Latest posts