What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent Reply Please

vishvajeet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I am planning to buy an ipad mini wi-fi + cellular.
I wanna know if it supports applications like whatsapp, wechat, line and also, are there any applications for calling other than skype?
Am a student and i mostly read on my laptop. Is ipad mini a good option to switch when am on move?
Thank You.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I am planning to buy an ipad mini wi-fi + cellular.
I wanna know if it supports applications like whatsapp, wechat, line and also, are there any applications for calling other than skype?
Am a student and i mostly read on my laptop. Is ipad mini a good option to switch when am on move?
Thank You.

WhatsApp is an iPhone only app and is not available for the iPad. Here's what WhatsApp has to say about it. http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone/20950161

The iPad mini is a good choice for use on the move, with it's smaller size and lighter weight. While it doesn't have the retina display, the resolution is quite good enough for reading.

Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 296,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Last edited:

fakhzanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
U may instal viber... Actually it is iphone app but it can run in ipad mini too.

beck_430

iPF Noob
Reaction score
actually i can use whatsapp, line and other social chat in my ipad mini. but first you have to install "whatspad" in cydia. and then you can use another your another cellular number. because after you install whatsapp, you have to register your number, and whatsapp will send you verification number.
for example. now i have ipad mini with sim card number 123. n i have old mobile phone with number 234.
i can use number 234 in ipad mini. you have to register number with number 234, n waiting for sms verification from whatsapp, and then after you receive that sms, put the verification number into whatsapp in ipad. n done..
have a nice try..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
actually i can use whatsapp, line and other social chat in my ipad mini. but first you have to install "whatspad" in cydia. and then you can use another your another cellular number. because after you install whatsapp, you have to register your number, and whatsapp will send you verification number.
for example. now i have ipad mini with sim card number 123. n i have old mobile phone with number 234.
i can use number 234 in ipad mini. you have to register number with number 234, n waiting for sms verification from whatsapp, and then after you receive that sms, put the verification number into whatsapp in ipad. n done..
have a nice try..

Only thing is - you have to be jail broken to do this. Otherwise, it's still as scifan says: you can't use WhatsApp on a stock iPad.

Just so you know...

Marilyn

fakhzanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have a nice try..

Use viber. No need to jailbreak.but we must put the simcard to other phone. So that viber can send sms for verification number.

Most reactions

Latest posts