1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Urgent Reply Please

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by vishvajeet, Jul 22, 2013.

1. vishvajeet

vishvajeet iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys.
    I am planning to buy an ipad mini wi-fi + cellular.
    I wanna know if it supports applications like whatsapp, wechat, line and also, are there any applications for calling other than skype?
    Am a student and i mostly read on my laptop. Is ipad mini a good option to switch when am on move?
    Thank You.
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,037 / 1
    WhatsApp is an iPhone only app and is not available for the iPad. Here's what WhatsApp has to say about it. http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone/20950161

The iPad mini is a good choice for use on the move, with it's smaller size and lighter weight. While it doesn't have the retina display, the resolution is quite good enough for reading.

Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 296,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
    We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html
    We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. fakhzanis

fakhzanis iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    U may instal viber... Actually it is iphone app but it can run in ipad mini too.
  4. beck_430

beck_430 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    actually i can use whatsapp, line and other social chat in my ipad mini. but first you have to install "whatspad" in cydia. and then you can use another your another cellular number. because after you install whatsapp, you have to register your number, and whatsapp will send you verification number.
    for example. now i have ipad mini with sim card number 123. n i have old mobile phone with number 234.
    i can use number 234 in ipad mini. you have to register number with number 234, n waiting for sms verification from whatsapp, and then after you receive that sms, put the verification number into whatsapp in ipad. n done..
    have a nice try..
  5. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Only thing is - you have to be jail broken to do this. Otherwise, it's still as scifan says: you can't use WhatsApp on a stock iPad.

Just so you know...

Marilyn
  6. beck_430

beck_430 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ☺☺☺
  7. fakhzanis

fakhzanis iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Use viber. No need to jailbreak.but we must put the simcard to other phone. So that viber can send sms for verification number.