What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

urgent question: removed app from store

fuyajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey there,

i had to remove my ipad app from itunes. its not deleted, just not available right now.

does this have any effect on those users, who allready downloaded the app. i ask, because my app needs to download additional data online?

???
thanks alot, its quite urgend :)

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think he's a developer who had to remove an App he developed from the AppStore.

To answer your question:
It shouldn't make a difference to the user if the App has been removed from the AppStore.
In case of an abuse, Apple has the means of blocking Apps remotely on your iPad or iPhone, but they haven't done this so far, afaik. This would only be done as a last resort in case an App included Malware.

The question is where your buyers download data from.
If those are InApp-purchases, it might be a problem.
If they load data from an external server, that shuoldn't be a issue.

Don't you have the program on an iPad yourself?
Then you might try it.

I'm a developer myself. What I usually do ist that I buy each of my own apps on my non-testing iPad or iPhone.
This way, I always see how long it takes for updates to appear in the AppStore.
Also, I can test like any 'normal' user without interference from developer-tools, certificates, etc.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
hey there,

i had to remove my ipad app from itunes. its not deleted, just not available right now.

does this have any effect on those users, who allready downloaded the app. i ask, because my app needs to download additional data online?

???
thanks alot, its quite urgend :)

The people who have it are going to still have it on their device and it will work as its supposed to.

new people just wont be able to download it from the app store. Once you put up an update the people who already downloaded will see the new update and be able to downloaded the update for free.

Most reactions

Latest posts