What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent password help!

4gotpass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK guys im sh***** myself basiclly ive locked myself out of my ipad i know there are a couple of threads with the same password problem but note this is my ipad 2 i have the boxing and the imei number on the back of the box so heres the proper situation i forgot the password, i dont want to restore and lose evrything, i dont have the orignall comp beacauce my dads out of town for a few months and he has his comp with him and thts my ipads"home" computer, my sister has an ipad that is identical to my ipad including aps music and everything can i back tht ipad up on my comp without syncing it with ym comp and then restore with that back up? please any other alternatives my ipad is not jailbroken although i wish it was right now becausce after hours of research i found out that jailbroken users can fix thier passscode lock problem and btw i cant go to any hsops because my ipad 2 was brought in london in pc world, my dad works thier (not pc world lol in london):D

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You don't need to have bought your iPad from an apple store in order to get their help. My dh's iPod was purchased elsewhere and the genius bar guys were really helpful and exchanged the faulty product no problem...no receipt or anything required.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Once you've locked yourself out of the iPad, there really is not other options than a restore.

You can connect your iPad to your sister's computer without syncing. You just need to open iTunes Preferences first, go to the Devices tab and turn off auto syncing. You'll still get the warning abut iTunes not recognizing the iPad, but you can cancel it.

However; I am almost certain it is not going to let you do a backup, or if it does and you restore from that backup it will still have the same password. If you don't remember that password you'll be in the same boat soon.

Hold in mind a backup only restores app data, settings, and some other stuff. It will not restore music, movies, books, or the apps themselves. Those will have to either be downloaded again or synced again.

Since you say your sister's iPad is set up identically to yours, the easiest thing to do would probably be to restore from here backup. But that means you would end up with her data and password. She may not be too keen on that, though you could change/delete both under her supervision.

This is difficult because it was designed to be hard for anyone else to steal your data. If there is an easier/better solution I am not aware of it.

Most reactions

Latest posts