What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent Help Needed

HossamRashad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dears, i have just jailbroken my ipad running ios 5.0.1 using Absinte, and after installing some tweaks my ipad looked like an ipad with no dock and small icons and applications running in quarter of the screen, see the image below, please help as i am stuck and i am not able to use the device what so ever, i there is a possible fix without having to restotre?
, IMG_0214.PNG

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have installed an application designed for iPhone on your iPad. This is a VERY bad idea. You need to ensure you only install things which are iPad and iOS5 compatible. You can't simply try to install any old package on there. The descriptions in Cydia should guide you.

You need to be able to get into Cydia to remove the offending package. The best way to do that is via Safe Mode. Have a look at our guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-use-safe-mode-maintain-stable-jailbreak.html

If you cannot get into safe mode and you cannot use Cydia to remove the package from the state that your device is in at the moment then you are probably faced with a restore and re-jailbreak :( Sorry.

Other iPad2 owning members should take heed! If you make mistakes like this once the singing window for 5.0.1 is closed you may lose your 5.0.1 jailbreak FOREVER!

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a sililar issue but respringing fixed it. How do we dont what app is starting up and doing this? I made sure to only insta; IPAD tweeks....On my IPAD 3, it only seems to happen if I turn off the ipad and then turn it back on.... I dont do that too much... as I said, after I turn it back on a resapring fixes it

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a sililar issue but respringing fixed it. How do we dont what app is starting up and doing this? I made sure to only insta; IPAD tweeks....On my IPAD 3, it only seems to happen if I turn off the ipad and then turn it back on.... I dont do that too much... as I said, after I turn it back on a resapring fixes it

Unfortunately, it still is because of an incompatible tweak. It doesn't whether it's incompatible because your iPad's not a phone or the iOS is new, that type of behavior is going to happen because a malfunctioning tweak is causing it.

I know this personally because I just got done with a long session of trying to figure out the very problem you had (after turning off, then on - or re-booting my iPad3, I had to respring to get my it to look right). It was driving me nuts because I couldn't figure it out - and I really didn't want to remove any of the tweaks I had. I have so few and they are what I wanted! :)

But, I bit the bullet and determined that i had to remove the tweak Move2Unlock. Don't you know that hurt my feelings ... bad! However, I've almost convinced myself that I LIKE "slide to unlock" actions.

But enough about me... :D

The gist of this is that you have a misbehaving tweak, whether you think so or not. You'll have to go through them, one-by-one until you find the one that's misbehaving. Or, don't turn off/on (or reboot) the iPad. Those are really the only two options. Sorry.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I escaped to safe mode and back. Respring didn't work for me.

That won't work. You need to remove the tweak that is causing the problem. That is what safe mode is for. Simply re-springing won't fix anything.

You need to remove it and wait until the developer updates it or find an alternative ;)

IronMan117

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked for me. Mine had the funny screen when I let the battery run down forcing it to close my game without saving. I've let it run out of battery before but this is the first this has happened. The posts here gave me an idea so with SBSettings I was able to force Safe Mode and exit without modifying. It worked for me...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It worked for me. Mine had the funny screen when I let the battery run down forcing it to close my game without saving. I've let it run out of battery before but this is the first this has happened. The posts here gave me an idea so with SBSettings I was able to force Safe Mode and exit without modifying. It worked for me...

Your post mislead me. It read as though you were stating that going into safe mode and re-springing didn't work for you.
Entering and exiting safe mode without doing anything else is technically no different than a respring ;)
It simply restarts all the tweaks again, so may simply mask the underlying problem until it occurs again later.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts