What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ur first day experience getting an iPad

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the ipad 3 the day it came out, and It was horrible. best buy had a long line with just two Cash register opened,They opened the line 30 min late,as he said "we're setting up" mind you the store opened 10:00am and they opened the line at 10:30. They should have gotten ready at 9 or 9:30, to top it off they let 3 people at a time go, to a near 3 tables so they can sell u items such as case or itv or best buy warranty then they had a guy giving a speech about iPad and how it worked and once u make ur way around those tables you finally hit the register. It was a long zig zag line, you couldnt avoid it. It was like an animal butcher line...anyways how was ur experience?

Last edited:

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to Future Shop at 8:30am and there was no lineup at all. I was in and out in 15 minutes. To make it even better I had a coupon for $100 off any purchase of $500 or more so I was able to get the new iPad cheaper than the Apple
Store. :)

armoredsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the ipod 3 the day it came out, and It was horrible. best buy had a long line with just two Cash register opened,They opened the line 30 min late,as he said "we're setting up" mind you the store opened 10:00am and they opened the line at 10:30. They should have gotten ready at 9 or 9:30, to top it off they let 3 people at a time go, to a near 3 tables so they can sell u items such as case or itv or best buy warranty then they had a guy giving a speech about iPad and how it worked and once u make ur way around those tables you finally hit the register. It was a long zig zag line, you couldnt avoid it. It was like an animal butcher line...anyways how was ur experience?

sweet ipod 3!!!

OP
S

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sweet ipod 3!!!
I wouldn't do it again though, it was unprofessional, they had week to get ready and they had two register... I usually order my items online but I did have a good time talking with those in line...

OP
S

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to Future Shop at 8:30am and there was no lineup at all. I was in and out in 15 minutes. To make it even better I had a coupon for $100 off any purchase of $500 or more so I was able to get the new iPad cheaper than the Apple
Store. :)
lol the lady next to me had $150 off...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's interesting about everybody's experience on the first day of sales. I also went to Bestbuy at lunch time just to see what it would be like-and it was pretty quiet. Yes, there were some customers-but nothing that others were talking about. Maybe the crowds were there earlier in the morning and I just missed the rush.

Also-Project-lucky you for having a $100 coupon! That makes it even a sweeter deal!

OP
S

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's interesting about everybody's experience on the first day of sales. I also went to Bestbuy at lunch time just to see what it would be like-and it was pretty quiet. Yes, there were some customers-but nothing that others were talking about. Maybe the crowds were there earlier in the morning and I just missed the rush.

Also-Project-lucky you for having a $100 coupon! That makes it even a sweeter deal!
i would have went at lunch but I didn't think ppl were going to get it seeing that most people already have iPad 2 so in my mind I got up early thinking no body was going to be inline, I was in shock. Lol To top it off I have line rage (similar to road rage) I hate waiting in line, I actually thought about walking off few times.
Lol watch this comic stand up video, he talks about some of the line rage I go through @ 13:20

Last edited by a moderator:

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't wait in line since I got it after launch. Which was just two days ago. There was a shortage in my area. So I had to travel about a hour away to a apple store to get the model I wanted for Ipad 3.

kanyewesttx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
morning after release, walked into Target and walked out 3 minutes later with a NEW ipad

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the ipad 3 the day it came out, and It was horrible. best buy had a long line with just two Cash register opened,They opened the line 30 min late,as he said "we're setting up" mind you the store opened 10:00am and they opened the line at 10:30. They should have gotten ready at 9 or 9:30, to top it off they let 3 people at a time go, to a near 3 tables so they can sell u items such as case or itv or best buy warranty then they had a guy giving a speech about iPad and how it worked and once u make ur way around those tables you finally hit the register. It was a long zig zag line, you couldnt avoid it. It was like an animal butcher line...anyways how was ur experience?

Brief summary of my new ipad experience: New ipad delivered on Launch day - very excited as I opened it and switched it on - Dumb-struck at the definition on the new screen - plugged in to charge and sync, loaded Sketchpad Pro (the main app I use). Wiped away some dust off display, it won't seem to wipe off - Heart beating faster as I realise there are 3 dead pixels - Call Apple to return/replace - A Few days pass - new iPad replacement delivered - Switch it on - setup and check screen - Yeah! Only 2 dead pixels on this one. Call Apple, Awaiting replacement number 3... ...to be continued.

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got up at 6.00 to arrive at the Apple Store Kingston at 6.30am!! When I arrived I found I was in the first 10 of the queue. The apple store staff informed us that at 7am we could go inside where we were served delicious Costas teas/coffeee and cookies!!! The apple staff were absolutely amazing! I received my new iPad at 8.20am, rushed home to play on it for an hour before returning to work. I was totally in awe at the screen.!!!
I rushed home from work at 4pm to spend the rest of the evening with my beloved iPad before falling asleep at 8pm only to wake again at 12 and start downloading apps again. :) It hasn't left my side since.

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was away on holiday on launch day and didn't get home until the 20th. Tried to keep up to date on stock in a few stores whilst over there but Internet connection was poor. Tried my luck on the 21st wasn't expecting to pick one up so easily. 10mins later I walked out with a shiny new white 32gb :) as for if I would have queued on launch day? No I wouldn't have it would have drove me crazy.

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brief summary of my new ipad experience: New ipad delivered on Launch day - very excited as I opened it and switched it on - Dumb-struck at the definition on the new screen - plugged in to charge and sync, loaded Sketchpad Pro (the main app I use). Wiped away some dust off display, it won't seem to wipe off - Heart beating faster as I realise there are 3 dead pixels - Call Apple to return/replace - A Few days pass - new iPad replacement delivered - Switch it on - setup and check screen - Yeah! Only 2 dead pixels on this one. Call Apple, Awaiting replacement number 3... ...to be continued.
lol good luck on the 3rd one

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweetchinmusic said:

I got mine the day it was out as well. Mine was delivered. :) Perhaps you should have pre-ordered online?

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Most reactions