What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upset from my iPad

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a small problem, whenever I want to update my status on facebook it gives me that my current location is far from where I live for about 24 km , first I thought my facebook account was hacked so I have changed my settings , my password , .... So what can I do? Is it normal?
Thanks guys in advance for your help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using the app, third party app, or Safari?

At any rate, your location is supplied by the iPad. If it has a poor location lock then so will FaceBook. Double check on your Maps app to see where the iPad thinks you are.

Or you can just go into Location settings and turn it off for your FaceBook app. Providing you don't wan't/need to use the check-in feature.

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Facebook application on iPad , and if I go to maps application my location is correct but on Facebook it was correct but not anymore, I have deleted the application and reinstalled again , my location was correct for one day only

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
None of this is likely to help, but here are some things you can try. Sorry it's all I can think of.

Sign out, then back into FaceBook in the app.

Turn off FaceBook in Locations, then turn it back on.

Turn Locations off in settings, then back on.

And the usual fixes, of course; if you haven't already tried them. You probably know them all by now, but just in case I'll post them below.

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
NicePad

NicePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry guys but lately I have so many questions, I am not an IT person :)
I bought two years ago CDs to learn 2 more languages (Spanish and Italian) but I don't like to open my computer especially after I bought the iPad :) , so is there any way to put these CDs on my iPad ?
Thank you again guys

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Put the CDs in your computer and open iTunes. If you can see the CD then you should be able to import the audio files into iTunes. The option should show up in the Files menu. Or you should be able to right click on the CD in the left column and choose import. I don't remember exactly what it says, so explore. Once you do that you should be able to set things up to sync them to your iPad.

I recommend that before you try syncing them to the iPad you change their file type. Select all the files (or one at a time), right click on it it, and select Get Info from the popup menu. Go to the options tab and change the Media Kind to podcast. Or maybe audiobooks. Either should work l, but I think podcast will work best.

This will do a few things for you.

One, it will keep your audio lessons separate from your music.

Two, it will let you set up syncing for those files differently than you do for you music.

As of iOS 5.1 you can vary the playback speeds of podcasts. Probably not too helpful, but there is also a 30 second rewind button which may be very helpful.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts