What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS Man Takes iPad Mini Just Delivered by FedEx

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
That's been ny experience, too. Nothing stolen yet, including a huge box left outside with my husband's new PC. I was home all day and found it only on leaving the house. But I never sign releases allowing any carrier to just leave stuff, so I figure it's their risk, not mine.

With the second iPad 4 that I ordered, UPS left two slips for missed deliveries. I didn't sign anything, and they just left it on the doorstep on the third attempt.

If a signature is required on delivery and they just leave the package, does UPS have to replace it if it goes missing and isn't found?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If a signature is required on delivery and they just leave the package, does UPS have to replace it if it goes missing and isn't found?

That's what I'd expect. Otherwise, what's the point of them having you sign?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
That's what I'd expect. Otherwise, what's the point of them having you sign?

Also, if they charge extra for signature on delivery and don't get one, that would be a breach of contract. I would think that the sender would be owed a refund of the cost paid for requiring a signature on delivery.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, if they charge extra for signature on delivery and don't get one, that would be a breach of contract. I would think that the sender would be owed a refund of the cost paid for requiring a signature on delivery.

Yes, I would expect the carrier to eat the cost if stolen.

Most reactions

Latest posts