1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Uploading to YouTube from iMovie on iPad 2 - just hangs on 'uploading to youtube'

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by paulthe6th, Dec 28, 2011.

1. paulthe6th

paulthe6th iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    photo.PNG

Just created a short 44 second movie in iMovie on my new iPad 2 (had it for 3 days and it still feels magical.. my sad geeky life)...

So I've selected 'upload to youtube', entered all the info such as video title, description, tags, other settings, then clicked 'upload'. The progress bar builds steadily and then gives way to the message 'Uploading to YouTube'... and it's been hanging there for about half an hour now? Is this normal?

I know YouTube usually takes a while to verify newly uploaded videos - is this part of the uploading process?

If only it was possible to leave iMovie uploading in the background so I could carry on using my ipad for other tasks but hey ho. If this isn't normal could someone let me know so I can carry on using my iPad? :)

Thanks in advance, Pt6
  2. paulthe6th

paulthe6th iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For anyone else having the same issue, I've just worked out a workaround - export to camera roll from iMovie, then go select the newly exported film in camera roll & 'send to YouTube' from there. Video uploaded quickly & has successfully appeared on YouTube now.