What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading pictures in Safari using ipad

Yeezybabyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find a good app to upload pictures on Safari using my iPad. If you guys have any idea please share! Thanx:)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll need a different browser, I believe (but don't quote me on this) that icab can do what you require.

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari can't upload photos or any other type of file. To do that you need to use a third-party browser. I use iCab, which can upload photos or other files. It's just a couple of dollars and has many great features and facilities. You'll find plenty of Member's posts here on the Forum with their experiences of iCab.

Tim

OP
Yeezybabyy

Yeezybabyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Safari can't upload photos or any other type of file. To do that you need to use a third-party browser. I use iCab, which can upload photos or other files. It's just a couple of dollars and has many great features and facilities. You'll find plenty of Member's posts here on the Forum with their experiences of iCab.

Tim

I downloaded that &it doesn't work for most sites =\

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember though that even iCab can't access the file space of other apps. To be able to upload a file from iCab that file needs to be resident in iCab's file space, so you'd have to move the file (using the iOS 'Open In' facility) into the local file space of iCab. If the file is not resident in iCab's file space, then you wouldn't be able to upload the file.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I merged two identical threads started by the OP - please don't post multiple times on the same topic.

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure if you're jailbroken but safari upload enabler will from cydia. Or you could upload to photobucket(there's a free app for that) or other similar site and then simply copy the [img*][/img*] code without asterisk... to your post.

Last edited:
OP
Yeezybabyy

Yeezybabyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Not sure if you're jailbroken but safari upload enabler will from cydia. Or you could upload to photobucket(there's a free app for that) or other similar site and then simply copy the [img*][/img*] code without asterisk... to your post.

Where do you find cydia?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can only find Cydia (for your iPad) if you're jail broken. It's the 'official' site for jailbroken apps. But you would need to jailbreak your iPad first.

Have a look at our Hacking section to see what's involved and what are the benefits and pitfalls.

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

Where do you find cydia?

Since you asked that....then I can safely say you are not jailbroken.

OR.....You could download photobucket app from app store which is a photo storage site. If you don't already have a account you'll have to create it on the iPad thru safari(photobucket.com),free to sign up, and then login to the app on iPad and choose which photo's to upload. Then once uploaded you will be able to copy the [img*][/img*] without asterisk HTML tags and copy to your post.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts