What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading Photos to Ipad2 from Laptop

Cat_Donkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. I have uploaded my photos from my laptop to my Ipad2 but I have noticed that the Ipad did not keep the folders within folders ie 2011 broken down into for example Jan - Dec folders with photos from events in each month ie Baby Christening in May. The Ipad has combined every photo within the 2011 folder, therefore jumbling them all together. I did this through itunes. Is there a way or program that allows you to keep each folder as named ie 2011 -> December -> Baby Christening? Ive attached a shot as an example. As you will see the folder South Africa has 5 folders within it and within those 5 folders are subfolders pertaining to the appropriate event. Ipad has now bulked the entire South Africa folder in one. :D

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 11 12.26.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 11 12.26.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 289

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Photos app on the iPad does not support nested folders. Only one level of folders is supported. If you need a more comprehensive facility, then you might need to look at third-party apps. There are several that have far more comprehensive folder systems.

Tim

OP
C

Cat_Donkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Would you have any ideas re the third-party systems?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - there are dozens! Some free, some paid. I'd look at Members' reviews and see the app that suits you best. For instance, some of the apps are simply storage and cataloguing while others have sophisticated photo editing capabilities.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The most often mentioned ones are Photo Manager Pro, Photo-Sort, and Photo Shack Pro.

It might be worth waiting until you've upgraded to iOS 5 (if you are going to) and see what the update does for you first. I'm not sure what all the new features will be. I don't think nested folders has been mentioned, but you never know. And it's only one more day away.

(Singing (off tune probably)) The sun'll come out, tomorrow, you can bet your bottom. . .

OP
C

Cat_Donkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the wise advice! When do YOU think they'll release the iOS5. I think it's a must to upgrade surely? Recon we'll have to pay for the upgrade or merely a software download?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS 5 is being released tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you , tomorrow. In the U.S. and a few other lucky countries anyway.

Um, actually, today now that I look at the clock. Why am I not asleep?

OP
C

Cat_Donkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
......it's only a day away!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow, tomorrow..............

OP
C

Cat_Donkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there. I am well and truly baffled here. I cant where to create a new post. Can you help at all please?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there. I am well and truly baffled here. I cant where to create a new post. Can you help at all please?
You can start a new thread on our website by clicking on "Forum" (in the toolbar at the top of every page), picking the most appropriate forum in which to post your question ("iPad Help" for instance) and then when you're in that forum, tap the "+Post New Thread" button (located at the top and bottom of every page). Mind you...you'll win a lot more friends if you use our search feature first (top of every page). Posting a question that's already been asked and answered is generally not appreciated others.

Here’s how to create a thread on our iPF App:

http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-polls/46456-do-you-use-our-ipf-app-7.html#post339629

Thanks for your participation!

Most reactions

Latest posts