What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading photos to an advertising site

Reaction score
hi
A lot of apps are available to help iPad users uploading their photos to Facebook, Instagram, Picassa and so on.
But there is no app (to my knowledge) neither articles about my problem:

How to upload photos to website where you have to click on a button (which with a MS or Linux system leads to your directory on your computer after which you can browse the folders and pick your photos)
With an iPad clicking on this CHOOSE FILE link, iPad closes the browser/minimizes and pops up the main scream. If I choose the camera and photo album and pick the photos it gives me the opportunity to email them, Facebook them,Airdrop etc.
But not insert/copy-paste/drag or manipulate them to the desired destination

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi
A lot of apps are available to help iPad users uploading their photos to Facebook, Instagram, Picassa and so on.
But there is no app (to my knowledge) neither articles about my problem:

How to upload photos to website where you have to click on a button (which with a MS or Linux system leads to your directory on your computer after which you can browse the folders and pick your photos)
With an iPad clicking on this CHOOSE FILE link, iPad closes the browser/minimizes and pops up the main scream. If I choose the camera and photo album and pick the photos it gives me the opportunity to email them, Facebook them,Airdrop etc.
But not insert/copy-paste/drag or manipulate them to the desired destination

This is being posted from my iPad, but let me more easily respond on my laptop in the next post! - Dave
image.jpg
image.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi
A lot of apps are available to help iPad users uploading their photos to Facebook, Instagram, Picassa and so on. But there is no app (to my knowledge) neither articles about my problem:

With an iPad clicking on this CHOOSE FILE link, iPad closes the browser/minimizes and pops up the main scream. If I choose the camera and photo album and pick the photos it gives me the opportunity to email them, Facebook them,Airdrop etc. But not insert/copy-paste/drag or manipulate them to the desired destination

Hello and welcome to the forum - my previous post was done from my iPad Air 2 - I was in Safari and on the iPad Forums site (NOT the app) in the browser - I chose to 'Upload' a file and was asked from where - picked my 'Photo Library' - was able to upload several images, one a screen capture of the dialog box allowing me to select a picture.

A number of forums that I use and upload images to either want an URL, i.e. the image has to be stored 'somewhere' on the web - I've always found this a pain on the iPad (although if I put images into an online 'Photo Sharing' site - I use SmugMug - then I can obtain an URL; some other browsers may offer this is an easy option?) or want to upload from your device (quite easy on my MBPro, as you indicate above) or both. SO, iOS does not come near the convenience of OS X (or the other hierarchical operating systems) in trying to upload images, sorry.

You might want to provide information on your iPad model, iOS installed, and the name(s) of the site you are trying to do the uploads - others may have accomplished the task and can help - good luck. Dave :)

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm using iPad 4. Latest iOS and a site where I'm encountering the problem is enjoy shanghai.com

My iPad does not seem to want a URL since she ain't asking for it.
She initially does what MS does (routing me to the home screen) and from there I can access my photos, select one or as many as I want but not route them anywhere else besides the given options such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram , Picassa etc.

Appreciate feedback
Removed Skype Address

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the interest of Internet safety, please don't post personal contact info in open forum. It's also against forum rules.

Most reactions

Latest posts