1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Uploading files in safari

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Senseisteve, May 21, 2013.

1. Senseisteve

Senseisteve iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings all, i'm new here and have a new ipad mini. I also have a mac mini and a mac laptop. I have a dropbox account and synchronization seems to work. I have a resume stored in the dropbox folder. Using safari, i want to upload my resume. On a safari web page, i am given a browse button to upload a resume, but the only options in the dropdown are for pictures and movies. Any ideas how accomplish this? Thanks in advance.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    You can't do it in Safari. Sorry.

Safari does not have access to local files (other than the Photos library), so the Choose File button on websites is limited to that option.

The iCab Mobile browser can 'probably' upload the file. You'll have to download the file into iCab's local files before trying the upload option. iCab's upload feature works with most web sites, but not all. The only way to tell is to give it a try, or find someone else to try it for you.