What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upload pictures to Facebook from safari

kaycampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
S it possible to upload a picture to Facebook trough safari? When I click on upload photo or video the choose file option is greed out,,, is it possible other than with the Facebook app?

vz223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kaycampbell said:
S it possible to upload a picture to Facebook trough safari? When I click on upload photo or video the choose file option is greed out,,, is it possible other than with the Facebook app?

I was going to ask same question.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, you can not upload files using Safari, with any website. The iPad does not maintain a general file space, so there is no where to look when the websites give you the Choose File option.

There are a few way around it.

One, as you notices you can upload using the FaceBook app. There are other third party FaceBook apps that have similar options. Some members prefer these, and they may have better upload options. Search the site for favorite FaceBook apps.

iCab Mobile can upload to some (most) sites. It is a third party web browser that creates its own file space for uploads. Most file types have to copied to iCab (using the Open In feature, usually) before they can be uploaded; pictures however can be uploaded directly from the Photos library.

Most reactions