What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upload photos on web with ipad

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have been trying to create a gallery of pictures available to selected friends, possibly a part of the pictures to specific friend. I find it difficult, tried picasa but did not succeed, tried flicker but it asks me to access my contacts and I don't like it ! Maybe no free app will do ?
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at the [free] app Photobucket. You'll also have to have a corresponding Photobucket account on the web, but that's also free, you just have to sign up.

With the app and the account, you can upload photos directly from the iPad to the account. Then, you can share the pictures either individually or as an album link.

Disclaimer: This is what I use; I am sure there are other photo accounts. But, it's free and it's worked great for me the past two years or so. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked out photobucket, I dont want to be limited to share with people who use twitter or fcebook (these are the only options it gives me, and I dont even understand well what does it mean to share using twitter .... Do I share with everybody I am connected to with twitter ... ? I dont want to). I want to give a web address to a friend and a password for a specific album, not others, and hive her access to the album.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tony61 said:
I checked out photobucket, I dont want to be limited to share with people who use twitter or fcebook (these are the only options it gives me, and I dont even understand well what does it mean to share using twitter .... Do I share with everybody I am connected to with twitter ... ? I dont want to). I want to give a web address to a friend and a password for a specific album, not others, and hive her access to the album.

Have you tried there app? You are not limited. Once you select an album you can choose to email or use the direct links. I'm not on ios 6 so I may be on an older app but here's a pic below with how to do it.
You can email directly or copy and paste the link and send it to anyone you want.
It's difficult to find one with password protection. When posting to twitter you post it to the reading list of all your followers. If you don't want to you don't have too. So don't worry.

If your friend has an iPhone you can I message each pic or email them, if that helps.

Attachments

• image-2816181131.jpg
    image-2816181131.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry , what's "there app" ? What do I mail, the single pictures ? Yes I know it's simple with the camera but slow. I want to send a link to an album and, possibly, send a passw to see it

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tony61 said:
Sorry , what's "there app" ? What do I mail, the single pictures ? Yes I know it's simple with the camera but slow. I want to send a link to an album and, possibly, send a passw to see it

Lol my bad I meant THEIR app meaning photo buckets app. Sorry I blame spellcheck :)
This should allow you to send a link to the whole album if you need too and delve into the options you may be able to limit views to certain albums. This may be your best bet until someone suggest a way to do it passworded.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe Dropbox will do exactly what you want.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
T

tony61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes dropbox would do but I have already an account with private stuff. I doubt I can get a second for free.

johnh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes dropbox would do but I have already an account with private stuff. I doubt I can get a second for free.

I believe that you can set up a share folder within your dropbox account and keep the rest private

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How do you copy and paste a link with my ipad 2

Hi Theda - welcome to the forum! :) Unfortunately, you are 'hijacking' another thread (against forum rules) - please start a new thread (in an appropriate forum), and better described what you are trying to do? Otherwise, you will not receive the attention deserved by tagging onto a title unrelated to your issue in question.

To the OP, I use SmugMug which will do all that you want but is not free which I assume is a 'must' for you? Good luck in finding a solution - Dave :)

theda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you start a thread, I apologize for "hi-jacking" a thread but I am new to this whole forum thing?

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you start a thread, I apologize for "hi-jacking" a thread but I am new to this whole forum thing?
If you go to the Ipad 2 forum index page

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/

and look just above the list of topics you should see a button called "Start New Thread".

Click on that and it should open a Title box where you can type a subject and bigger box where you can post your question.
Then click the "Submit New Thread" button and your new thread should show at the top of the list of threads.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts