What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uplaod button and navigation to file button does not work on IPAD

Keashaborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a firm write a php web site for me. One aspect of it is an upload section when there is a button that navigates to the file and one to upload a file. The button to navigate to the file is grayed out. It works on all other platforms besides the iPad and iPhone. I have been searching the forums and all I See is work arounds for facebook. I need a general work around for all websites with this problem or at least for my web site. I would hate to have to use the xoom. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Eric

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has no file system, therefore there is no way of using an upload button.

I can't see anyway around this, not unless you use a document folder like other apps do. Any thing in the documents folder could be uploaded, but again I'm not sure of even this is possible.

OP
K

Keashaborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
The iPad has no file system, therefore there is no way of using an upload button.

I can't see anyway around this, not unless you use a document folder like other apps do. Any thing in the documents folder could be uploaded, but again I'm not sure of even this is possible.

There are apps like fileapppro, mobile me, dropbox, and goaruna. Do you think php code could be written into the page to use those when uploading?

Eric

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not locally, as as you probably know php is server side scripting.

HTML will probably work, but if there's any CSS involved it won't show it locally.

Although the HTML editors will show CSS, but not php.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:

iPad does have a filesystem, but apple has forbidden apps to modify it.

Most reactions