What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to IOS5 Problem

Terry18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to upgrade my IPad 2 to the IOS5 but as it is in the process a saying says it can't do it because the network has timed out ??????? Recently changed providers , much higher speed, had to reconnect my router and it wouldn't upgrade my IPod touch for same reason, when I reinstalled the router I had a network, this gets better, I bought my own modem so I wouldn't have to rent it, when I installed it and had support to help me ,it knocked of my router network , now I'm trying to figure out what to do ? this ain't easy for an old timer.......

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Terry18 said:
Trying to upgrade my IPad 2 to the IOS5 but as it is in the process a saying says it can't do it because the network has timed out ??????? Recently changed providers , much higher speed, had to reconnect my router and it wouldn't upgrade my IPod touch for same reason, when I reinstalled the router I had a network, this gets better, I bought my own modem so I wouldn't have to rent it, when I installed it and had support to help me ,it knocked of my router network , now I'm trying to figure out what to do ? this ain't easy for an old timer.......

You're not having a good time of it are you. Have you disabled your virus protection? This could be the problem with timing out. Here's a link for troubleshooting the upgrade:-
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html#post339338
Let us know if you need more help. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

Terry18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
You're not having a good time of it are you. Have you disabled your virus protection? This could be the problem with timing out. Here's a link for troubleshooting the upgrade:-
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/49411-ios-5-upgrade-troubleshooting.html#post339338
Let us know if you need more help. Good luck!

THANK YOU so very , very much, that was the answer" TURN OF THE VIRUS PROTECTION" The update went perfect !!!! I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, I should have asked earlier, again thank you!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome, I'm just glad you were able to upgrade and now it's time to have some fun on your iPad with all the new features. Enjoy!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah!! You got it working-we were all there when we did the update when it first came out!! Enjoy your iPad and welcome!!

Good job, leelai!

Most reactions

Latest posts