What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to 5.0.1 without a computer

dmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a friend who has an early iPad but who doesn't have a computer. How can she upgrade her iPad to the latest version without the computer?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard that you can bring it to the Apple Store to have them do it. However, before I updated-it was encouraged to back up my files/photos etc before doing the update change. This is to ensure that any data/files that do not re-appear on the ipad after the update can easily be re-synced back to the device.

Does she have anything she wishes to save? She can email docs and photos to herself prior to the update. Apps purchased can easily be recovered through the appstore.

OP
D

dmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I have heard that you can bring it to the Apple Store to have them do it. However, before I updated-it was encouraged to back up my files/photos etc before doing the update change. This is to ensure that any data/files that do not re-appear on the ipad after the update can easily be re-synced back to the device.

Does she have anything she wishes to save? She can email docs and photos to herself prior to the update. Apps purchased can easily be recovered through the appstore.

Sorry for the delay and many thanks for the info. I will forward it to her.

Most reactions

Latest posts