What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading OS

rkittel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am having trouble upgrading from Version 4.3.3 to latest Version. I start the download and eventually is errors out. The error says to try a manual load of the OS. Not having ante luck with that. I am trying to get to the latest version of Skype but need to upgrade my OS first.

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What generation of iPad do you have? The iPad1 can only go to iOS 5.1.1 while the rest of the iPad models can go to iOS 6.1.1.

Regardless, have a look at this tutorial written by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps as written (though you can skip step #2 if you've never jail broken your iPad) - you should end up with an iPad on the highest iOS authorized.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts