What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading from 4.3.5 to 5.0 keep getting 3194 error

bubbagumper6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to update my jailbroken ipad from 4.3.5 to 5.0. The guide says it first needs to have the official 5.0 installed so I've been trying to update it through itunes and it keeps giving me the 3194 error. I already tried going into Tiny Umbrella and made sure the "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" was NOT checked so I know it's not that. Is there some kind of special procedure I need to follow when going from a jailbroken FW to an OFW?

Thanks guys

zambeezi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know it's always better to restore to OFW (currently JB on your device) and then upgrade. That's what I've been doing with my iPhone and I would imagine it's the same for iPads.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do an iTunes backup first, no, it shouldn't wipe out your apps and settings (from the App Store). Of course, you will lose the Cydia and jail break tweaks and such ... but you knew that. :D

Marilyn

0biwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my 4.2.1 ipad!

if i try to restore it on itunes in DFU says that my device is no elegible for that build!

pukulsesuatu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try edit your host file before processing update the file located /private/etc/ host add uncomment sign # before 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com becaming #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

0biwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
solved, i have to change some options on tiny umbrella that i didn't remembered!

Edwardfla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at my wits end as I kept getting the same message 'Device not eligible for requested build'. Even for my iTouch, which I never did anything to. I never jailbroke any of my devices. I DID install TinyUmbrella (TU) to save my blobs back in July 2011 before they were going to stop saving them, but never jailbroke my device. Apparently, TinyUmbrella updates a file which directs iTunes where to look. (see links below). After removing the '#' mark in front of the address and saving it, I restarted my Mac to be on the safe side. And Viola ! Everything worked liked normal ! I was able to update to iOS 5. YAY !
I don't know if this will solve all of your problems, but it worked for me. NOTE: Depending on if you are on Snow Leopard or on Lion will determine what command you will need to key in at Terminal to update the file. They are different. You may have to Google to find the correct one if your screen comes up blank. Good Luck !:)

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. We have our own tutorial for this. Please don't link to external blogs.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-how-resolve-itunes-unknown-error-3194-a.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh63

iPF Noob
Reaction score
solved, i have to change some options on tiny umbrella that i didn't remembered!

Hi,
I try to do everything use Google and YouTube ,tinyumbrella ,nothing seems to fix my error 3194 when I try to update my iphone 4 (4.3.5) to ISO 5.0
any idea??
thanks

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Josh63 said:
Hi,
I try to do everything use Google and YouTube ,tinyumbrella ,nothing seems to fix my error 3194 when I try to update my iphone 4 (4.3.5) to ISO 5.0
any idea??
thanks

You CANNOT install 5.0 now. Only 5.0.1 is valid.

migo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to upgrade ipad2 from 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 and i keep getting the error 3194 couldnt restore what ? I cant understand every video i watched they have the firmware of the original, so shall i download the 4.3.5 and then upgrade or what?
I am not jailbroken and i have no idea about umberlla blobs ,plz need help how to do this upgrade

alfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me I was in 4.3.3 and wanted to go to 5.0.1. Go to DFU mode first then follow prompts to restore to version you like

Most reactions

Latest posts