What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading a jailbroken iPad

anthrop2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

As we're all anticipating the iOS 4.2 release for iPad, I wonder is there a best practice/tutorial/guide to perform the upgrade on jailbroken iPads ***without*** loosing all the installations made on it.​
Mine is a 64GB Wi-Fi iOS 3.2.2 jailbroken by GreenPois0n.​
Thanks.​

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way is to wait till 4.2 is jail broken. Any OS upgrade always includes code to close off the other older jailbreaks.

Cuzin Eddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you upgrade to the new OS without hurting your iPad if it is jail broken? Are there any special instructions to follow?

Rich Gibson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you upgrade to the new OS without hurting your iPad if it is jail broken? Are there any special instructions to follow?

I don't think so. All the new iOS will do is replace the modified IPAD iOS files. All your stuff should be there and available when you jailbreak it again. In any event if you back up the current one through iTunes you'll have it to restore over ...however that means you should also save your current shsh blob with Cydia first because you'd be going from from 4.2 to 3.2.2 which is a downgrade..

OP
A

anthrop2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As recommended elsewhere, I used Cydia's PkgBackup util to backup all my apps.
But then, I'm not able to sync this backup with my pc, since iTunes does not recognize my jb iPad and tells me to restore it (which means loosing all my apps, doesn't it?)

Most reactions

Latest posts