What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded to IOS 12.1.1

Tom C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to IOS 12.1.1. Now I get the following message when trying to use Safari to open a web page;
"Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found". HELP!!!!!!!! I tried power cycling the IPad and resetting the network to no avail.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Is this happening on one site only, or every site you try to open? Did you also use a different browser, to find out whether or not the problem exists in Safari only?

Here’s something you could try as well:
Make sure you’re connected to the internet.

Force close Safari:
Swipe upwards until you see the App Switcher, then slide the Safari thumbnail towards the top of the screen.

Clear History and Website Data in Settings - Safari.

OP
T

Tom C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I resolved the problem by power cycling my router. I don't know why that worked because I have another IPad and 2 IPhones, all of which use the same router and WiFi and they were working fine. The only thing different with the IPad that wasn't working is the upgrade to IOS 12.1.1.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Routers learn each device as an individual MAC address. It’s not uncommon for a router to decide that a MAC addresses should be blocked or routed differently. The only way to clear this is to restart the router. Sometimes, it’s necessary to have the connecting device forget the network, then restart the router.

Glad you got the issue resolved.

lastayt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is happening to me this morning. I go through this every so often and it’s aggravating. Yes I have internet access, restarted my iPad, cleared the cache, turned WiFi off and back on. Some pages load, others refuse to.
This problem also affects my email. Graphics and text do not load when I open an email but I still continue to receive emails, they are just blank.
This can last 5 minutes or a day... I’ve not found the magic fix. I just have to wait til it fixes itself. I’ll follow this thread and try any fixes that are posted. TIA

Most reactions