What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded fron an ipad 1 to a 4 and Wow!

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Holy Cow! This retina screen is amazing. I mainly do reading on my ipad and the sharper text is soooooo nice. It's Great to visit a busy news blog and be able to easily read all the headlines before enlarging anything. It's the main reason I didn't go with the cheaper ipad mini, I just couldn't see "upgrading" to an ipad with the same fuzzy text. The screen on this retina ipad is unlike anything I've ever experienced (except iPhone), its like its not an electronic device but a magical window into a colorful alternate dimension.

I hated reverse pinching text on my ipad 1 all the time and now with this new ipad that is completely eliminated. I used to marvel at how much sharper my iPhone screen was than my ipad and now they are the same. My hat is off to Apple for raising the bar.

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. I upgraded from an iPad 2 to the iPad 4 and I can't get over this display. I thought it as nice to have on my iPhone but it is amazing on the larger form factor iPad. Simply amazing.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still use my iPad 1 and 2, along with iPad 4. The retina screen is nice, but the biggest selling point for me was speed. Love the zippiness of iPad 4 vs. iPad 1 or 2. When I download apps or other content, iPad 4 flies. My other iDevices crawl by comparison.

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sad thing is I still see people saling iPad 1 for 500$ and worse people paying that.... They most have no clue about the other updates.... Why get a 1 when u can get the 4 for the same price....

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sad thing is I still see people saling iPad 1 for 500$ and worse people paying that.... They most have no clue about the other updates.... Why get a 1 when u can get the 4 for the same price....

Where are they selling for $500?

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazon has 1st gen 64 gb for 579..,,, I was like really! I wanted to see if I could find a cheap one for my kiddo....

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazon has 1st gen 64 gb for 579..,,, I was like really! I wanted to see if I could find a cheap one for my kiddo....

No sympathy for people that can't do 15 minutes of research.
With the abundance of information resources there is no one to blame but yourself IMHO.

There's lot of places selling <older> iPads for a premium......QVC comes to mind. :thumbsdown:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's nothing I saw over there a Gen 1 wifi only selling for $795 :rolleyes:

Crazy. They're starting at about $125 on eBay and Craigslist, from what I've seen. Some people price them higher, but don't necessarily get any takers.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon sellers are notorious of jacking up prices over the average price.

I can see paying a bit more for something on Amazon vs Craigslist or eBay, because the service is good and there's more peace of mind, depending on how or where else you might buy, but not that much more!

StillYas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, its qorth buying the ipad 4 over the mini in everyway. Ipas mini is a waste of money, i dont know what apple did there. Its cheap but crappy specs.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can see paying a bit more for something on Amazon vs Craigslist or eBay, because the service is good and there's more peace of mind, depending on how or where else you might buy, but not that much more!

Oh yeah but sometimes those sellers take pricing way to far to the point it seems almost like price gouging.

But still I don't feel sorry for those who don't do any research and get burned by their lack of due diligence. As the old saying goes "Caveat Emptor".

Most reactions