What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded and now (no service)

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I upgraded to 4.3.3 today and now I have no service on my iPad. I tried reset network but no luck. No AT&T logo and no signal bars. I search the forum with no luck of a possible solution. Any suggestions please?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try a reboot, if not, do another restore to same 4.3.3.

or wait for a similar answer to your problem.

OP
S

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
try a reboot, if not, do another restore to same 4.3.3.

or wait for a similar answer to your problem.

I rebooted but no luck. I also restored to the same . No luck. Hopefully I'll hit payday. This really sucks. Any suggestions appreciated!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OP
S

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually my wifi works great. I can't access 3G or edge. It simply says no service.!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of stupid questions, but:

1) Did you ensure that Cellular Data was turned on in Settings?

2) Is your account paid up and activated?

Other than that, I've got nothing, cause my iPad2 that's jailbroke is WiFi only. The only other suggestion I would make is for you to call AT&T.

Sorry and good luck.

Marilyn

OP
S

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes cellular data is turned on. I don't pay for the optional service at the moment but I usually see 3G or E with signal bars regardless. Only after I upgraded to 4.3.3, this problem started!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me make sure I understand. You didn't have an active account, yet you saw 3G or E service icons?

How did you do that? :confused:

I could be wrong - and someone, please correct me if I am - but, this problem has nothing to do with the jailbreak. If you don't have cellular service, you aren't going to be able to access the 3G network. That's not a problem - it's a feature (as usually you don't get service if you don't pay for it...).

Marilyn

OP
S

Smooth65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did since February. The AT&T logo with the 3G or E have always been there if I turned cellular data on whether I had active service not. If I decided to buy 3G service again, I cant because I will not be able to access the order page. Can't understand why an upgrade caused such a problem!

mmakel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I'm not in the US and my iPad I is not locked. It was working great till upgrading to 4.3.3
I have tried replacng the sim with another operator's sim. Even tried it in a different country with a data sim that was working on other devices.
Sometimes a signal would appear but soon the corner shows " searching " then " No Service"

Multiple searches I did showed some complains in US, Australia and other countries.
Turning Airplane off and on again, rebooting, reinstalling the system, restoring settings, hard reset with power off for more than 6 hours as one of the advices said but no luck.

BJC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any update on this? I am still without 3G service. Thanks.

Most reactions