What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade question

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't completed the iOS 4 upgrade because iTunes tells me I will lose several items in iBooks. These are book samples that I need for my work. Is there some way to preserve this material during the upgrade? I've backed up completely but still get this message when I begin the upgrade.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you add these to the iPad in the first place? I suppose they show up in iTunes.... if so upgrading may delete them from the device but you should be able to sync them right back on.

OP
E

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded them as free samples. They're on my iPad but not in my iTunes books even after I sync. Then I get a warning before the upgrade that I will lose several items in my iBooks if I do the upgrade! I don't think they'll let me have another sample if I lose these.

Dragoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can get as many free samples as you want. Ive had a kindle for over a year and have never heard of anyone say they couldnt get another free sample if for some reason they lost one. Im pretty sure youll be fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts