What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrade or donot upgrade that is the question

drsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have ipad 1 ios 4.2.1 jailbreak with redsnow is it safe to upgrade to the recent ios or i will lose the ability to jailbreak. i want to upgrade because i have difficulty to transfer purchases with i tunes which i found no solution to it any where

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when you open cydia on iPad, what does the firmwares read at the top in green.

cydia_shsh_blobs.jpg

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is safe to upgrade into 4.3.3 ( not the last 4.3.4 which closed the hole)
Only problem is that you may have problem to save your shsh. Meaning with no Blob you wouldn't be able to restore back to 4.3.3
I don't think that there is much difference from 4.2.1

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is safe to upgrade into 4.3.3 ( not the last 4.3.4 which closed the hole)
Only problem is that you may have problem to save your shsh. Meaning with no Blob you wouldn't be able to restore back to 4.3.3
I don't think that there is much difference from 4.2.1

green is good info...

red is bad info....

sorry to sound harsh, but you maybe mis-informed!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have ipad 1 ios 4.2.1 jailbreak with redsnow is it safe to upgrade to the recent ios or i will lose the ability to jailbreak. i want to upgrade because i have difficulty to transfer purchases with i tunes which i found no solution to it any where

Please look at Poser's question/picture about your SHSH blobs (post #2). If you do indeed have Cydia showing you as having SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, then you can upgrade to that iOS version. The best way to do it is via the instructions outlined in this how-to: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

If you don't have the 4.3.3 SHSH blobs, then you cannot use that iOS version; you cannot upgrade to it. All you will be able to do is upgrade to iOS 4.3.5 and then do a jail break with redsnow.

I'm laying odds, however, that since you are already jailbroken, you've already got blobs for 4.3.3.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions