What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade IPAD2 6.2.1 to 7.0.6

fearangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good night,

I have an Ipad 2 with iOS 6.2.1 (jailbroken) and I want to erase everything and upgrade to ios 7.0.6 in order to jailbreak.
In itunes when using a restore with a ipsw file (iPad2,2_7.0.6_11B651_Restore.ipsw) , itunes gives an unknown error.
Does anyone know how I can upgrade to version 7.0.6?
thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good night, I have an Ipad 2 with iOS 6.2.1 (jailbroken) and I want to erase everything and upgrade to ios 7.0.6 in order to jailbreak. In itunes when using a restore with a ipsw file (iPad2,2_7.0.6_11B651_Restore.ipsw) , itunes gives an unknown error. Does anyone know how I can upgrade to version 7.0.6? thank you
I'm afraid that the only iOS version you can upgrade to is iOS 7.1.1, which has no available jailbreak. Your update attempt failed because Apple is no longer signing iOS 7.0.6. Even if you have the proper file for iOS 7.0.6 the restore will not work because part of the update process is a verification with the Apple servers, which will not authorize the installation of any but the latest iOS version.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're looking to jailbreak, it's recommended that you go for 7.1 over 7.1.1 as the kernel exploit is still intact on 7.1 but is patched in 7.1.1 (both iOS are currently still signing at the time of this post). With the kernel exploit still intact, there's slightly less work needed for jailbreaking as a kernel exploit is pretty far up there in the chain of events for a jailbreak. Not to say that one is coming out anytime soon, but the chances of being able to jailbreak on 7.1 is slightly higher than that of 7.1.1 in the theoretical sense.

OP
F

fearangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Right now I can't reset because I have jailbreak (can't use the option in the settings) and I can't upgrade to 7.0.6 and 7.1 (in itunes I get that error). My ipads needs to be formated because it's lagging and crashing all the time. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. Right now I can't reset because I have jailbreak (can't use the option in the settings) and I can't upgrade to 7.0.6 and 7.1 (in itunes I get that error). My ipads needs to be formated because it's lagging and crashing all the time. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Follow this.

Most reactions