1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1.1

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by Kaparoni, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Kaparoni

Kaparoni iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello !

I'm new here . English is not my native , so I'm apologize ...

I have iPad 2 with 5.0 ( Not Jailbroken ). I want to update my OS to 5.1.1 . I have 5.0 and I know I can update directly from the iPad . Since it's the first time I 'm doing this via the iPad , I want to make sure I follow the exact instructions . I have found a guide with screenshots on Apple website . Something I don't understand : does this update is an incremental update ? As much as I understand , the system files & data files ( music , movies , apps , settings , Email etc.) .

Thx !
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +634 / 0
    Yes, it will be an incremental update if you do it on the iPad via Settings > General > Software Update.
  3. Kaparoni

Kaparoni iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you! Incremental means , no system files involved? Is there any test I can perform to make sure I have everything after the update completed?