What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

upgrade firmware...

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if someone could help please...

I'm a lucky pensioner whose son has bought me an Ipad 2.

It's currently running 4.3 and I would like to upgrade it to 4.3.3

However, when I connect it, it wants to take me to 4.3.5

Is there a way to just put 4.3.3 on it?

thanks in advance of some genius coming to my rescue!!

Ar'nt forums wonderful things...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes forums are wonderful indeed and what a lovely son you have to buy you an iPad. But I'm afraid you will only be able to go to 4.3.5 that is the latest upgrade.

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not going to find that genius anywhere I'm afraid. You can't go to 4.3.3 since you don't have your SHSH blobs saved. Make sure you download Tiny Umbrella and always save those blobs. :) If I were you I would wait and upgrade to iOS 5 if it's a JB you're looking for since it was just announced yesterday a JB for it will be coming and soon.

OP
B

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh dear...not what I wanted to hear...

A friend of mine gave me a link to 4.3.3. retore zip...I've downloaded it but have'nt a clue what to do with it...can anyone shed any light on it pls?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bingobongo said:
Oh dear...not what I wanted to hear...

A friend of mine gave me a link to 4.3.3. retore zip...I've downloaded it but have'nt a clue what to do with it...can anyone shed any light on it pls?

I don't know what your friend has given you, but each iPad has it's own unique signature. There are many threads on this topic in the hacking section, do a search where you'll find a very detailed explanation about it all. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. Good luck

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've assumed you want to go to 4.3.3 to jailbreak, is this what you want to do.

Last edited:
OP
B

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that there is possibly a jailbreak for 5.0 on the way...I think I'll wait for that, but my sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed...I'm very grateful. your'e lovely people to have helped a stranger!!

tuffigirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see that there is possibly a jailbreak for 5.0 on the way...I think I'll wait for that, but my sincere thanks to everyone that has contributed...I'm very grateful. your'e lovely people to have helped a stranger!!

Yes I posted about it in the jailbreak thread. Do yourself a favor and wait for it... and in the meantime leave it on 4.3 like I have. The 4.3.3 file you downloaded won't do anything for you because as I said earlier.... if you don't have those blobs saved you can't use those files. Make sure you download Tiny Umbrella (I'm including the link) and save your SHSH blobs... I know I said it before but I can't stress enough how important that is! Read everything you can about why it's so important and and about jailbreaking in general.. and try to be patient. iOS 5 will be released within the next few weeks and hopefully it won't be long until a jailbreak follows. :)

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

OP
B

bingobongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am more than happy to listen to your words of wisdom...please accept my patience is assured....thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts