What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrade causes Dragon Dictation crash, non open

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just upgraded a working version of Dragon Dictation on my Jailbroken 3.2.1
Now the program will not even open.
No older versions are available.
Am I alone?
It seems we have to be careful with upgrades if we remain with 3.2, I have had several other programs that had to be reinstalled or deleted.

Last edited:

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just upgraded a working version of Dragon Dictation on my Jailbroken 3.2.2.
Now the program will not even open.
No older versions are available.
Am I alone?
It seems we have to be careful with upgrades if we remain with 3.2, I have had several other programs that had to be reinstalled or deleted.

Even as it was before it isn't all that accurate.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For all of the really great stuff you get to do with your iPad after you jailbreak it, this is the downside or working outside of the Apple "prison". Jailbreaking as always done at your own risk with absolutely no guarantee or promise of any kind that it will function as a "normal" iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works fine on 4.2.1, which is all any dev or apple has any reason to support.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, they got back to me after telling me it was supposed to work on 3.x, again, and guess what, DUH. It doesn't, it only works with 4.2.x now, Thanks Bozoos. I told them they really should update the Apple Store as the whole world hasn't gone to 4.2.x yet and are waiting for a lot of problems to be fixed before they do.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that happens. You have to update the app to the OS, not the other way around.

OP
C

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First they said do a hard reset and redownload, then they said upgrade t0 4.2 and they don't support jailbroken units.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...they don't support jailbroken units.
Why would they? They pay Apple for the privilege of distributing their app through the App Store. For whatever reason, they determined this was a better idea than distributing it through Cydia.

Most reactions

Latest posts