What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updatinh iOS

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use Friendly facebook for iPad and they have changed it so much that I really don't use it anymore but they're telling me to update my iOS to 4.3 for Friendly to work. When I go to see if there's any iOS updates when I go inti iTunes and have my iPad connected, it says there aren't any iOS updates. I'm running iOS 4.2 right now with 14.GB available total. My nephew got this iPad from the college he goes to but didn't want it so he gave it to us. I am currently using mypad for facebook but am looking for something better to use that's free for facebook that also let's you do chat.

thanks!

OP
ksaikin

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it won't let me update my iOS to 4.3.3. do you think it's because my nephew got it from the school & it's a 14gb iPad? I may go over to my local apple store to see if they can help as I don't have the Apple Care plan that's $79 that I can't afford being on a fixed income so I can't get phone tech support, grrrr.

OP
ksaikin

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when I connect my iPad to my pc and load iTunes and search to see if there're any updates, it says 4.2 is the current update & doesn't say anything about iOS 4.3.3 at all.

OP
ksaikin

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running iTunes 10.3.1.55 and I just connected my iPad to the PC and am syncing right now and when I went to click on the button to check for updates, it said that the iOS version, 4.2 is the current version even THOUGH I know it's not! I can't call the Apple care phone tech support as I don't have the apple care plan b/c I can't afford it. Gonna take it over to my apple store maybe later today to see if they can help

OP
ksaikin

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's because I have a 14GB iPad. Gonna take it over to my local apple store to see if they can help but will try calling the apple care tech & just see what happens. You never know!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's because I have a 14GB iPad. Gonna take it over to my local apple store to see if they can help but will try calling the apple care tech & just see what happens. You never know!

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Tim

OP
ksaikin

ksaikin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ended up having to have them update the firmware in order to update to iOS 4.3.3 but fortunately I had JUST done a sync yesterday!

Most reactions