1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Updating my ipadsoftware

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Jkup2, May 5, 2011.

1. Jkup2

Jkup2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been trying to update my iPad 1 to the new 4.3 software. I have an older desktop pc which has less than 3 percent hard drive space. I have bought a new external hard drive that I downloaded iTunes to. I deleted it from my c drive and had to reload iTunes, and it is now housed on the new drive. So last nite I tried again to update the iPad and wasted 1 HR,just to be told again that I dont have enough space to complete this download. I have nothing on the new hard drive, so that has to be impossible".........or can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong??? I see that when I open iTunes it is on the new drive. Help please
  2. info

info iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    While you may have plenty of space on the external drive, the operating system is probably defaulting to the C:\ drive on the PC. This can be changed but may cause problems with other programs.

It may be best to move some of your programs and/or data to the new external drive. You might also want to run CCleaner (freeware) and have it tidy things up a bit. Good Luck!