What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating ISO Problem

Castopher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I have an I Pad running 5.1.1 model number MC497B I think that means its an Ipad 3

I was trying to put A CBeebies childrens App on for my 6 year old but the App told me the App needs ISO

6.0 Or Later but I tried a ISO Update and my IPad says I have the latest software ISO 5.1.1 for this model.

What does this mean My complete IPad is now outdated and I cannot use App's that require A higher ISO.

Is there anyway of updating from 5.1.1. to the latest of 6.0 or Is it an IPad issue and I will just have to use

what the Ipad can work with? or buy a latest Ipad? seems stupid you bring out Apps that require a complete new IPad rather
that just being to update your current Ipad.

Any advice be Greatfully accepted thanks
Castoper

Big forum wow amazing

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you have the first generation of iPad and yes, the highest software that can run on it is iOS 5.1.1. The only way to download apps that require iOS 6 or higher is to get a newer iPad.

Sorry, but in terms of iPads, the first generation is quite old, although still very capable.

Marilyn

OP
C

Castopher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks had a feeling this was the case , thanks for taking the time and confirming my suspicions.

Most reactions

Latest posts